Birth Doula Services
As your doula I will:
- Meet you and your partner for an initial consultation to see if we are a good fit and discuss your priorities for the birth.
- Once hired I will be on call for you. I will come to your home for one or two prenatal visits where we will discuss your health history, signs and stages of labor, comfort measures, birth plan preparation and I will answer any questions and discuss any concerns you might have.
- Be available for email or phone support to answer any questions you might have during your pregnancy through your postpartum period.
- During your labor I will meet you either at your home or birthing facility and stay with you until after the birth, providing physical support such as massage, counter pressure, breathing techniques, emotional support and encouragement and information whenever you need it.
- Help with initial breastfeeding at the hospital.
- Provide one postpartum visit at your home to discuss the birth, check on how breastfeeding is going, provide emotional support and additional information on postpartum comfort measures and coo over your baby.
If you need additional postpartum support I am available for postpartum doula services.
Birth Doula Services for Scheduled C-Section
Most people assume that a doula is not necessary for parents having c-sections but this is not the case. A doula offers support in a variety of ways for different kinds of births. So, what will I do as a doula if you are having a c-section?
As your doula I will:
- Provide 1 prenatal visit to go over plans and information, such as what to expect and what to request to make your birth experience the best it can be.
- Meet you and your partner at home or at the hospital before you check in.
- Provide informational and emotional support prior to surgery, provide calming massage (head and hands) and guided imagery to calm nerves.
- Attend the surgery with you in case a partner is not available or physically able to do so, or stay in the pre-surgery room with your belongings.
- Meet you in the recovery area immediately after surgery to assist with initial breastfeeding.
- Help you get set up in your maternity room.
- Meet you before you are discharged and tend to you and your family as you leave the hospital and get set up at home (4 hours).
- Provide 6 hours of postpartum doula work and lactation counseling within the first week. 3 Hours per visit minimum. Additional postpartum support hours can be purchased at $45/hour.
- Provide phone and email support starting at 37 weeks through your postpartum period.